VERSIONE ITALIANAGO TO THE MAPHELPPOINTS OF INTEREST

Bergamo, Cittadella

Virtual tourVirtual tour
MappaBergamo, Cittadella

Built on the western side of the city in the second half of the 1300s (fourteenth century) by Barnabò Visconti, to serve as a stronghold during his period of rule (1354-1385), it is characterised by an uninterrupted succession of wars and ferocious repressions against Guelphic adversaries.
The building was both a surveillance post and position of power, housing a garrison, the commander's quarters and prisons. Now it is the archaeological museum and natural sciences museum.

Information

City: Bergamo

In the surroundings