Cernobbio, Villa d'Este
Villa d’Este in Cernobbio was built in 1589 by Pellegrino Tibaldi for the Como Cardinal Tolomeo Gallio. Then it became property of the Napoleonic general Domenico Pino and in 1815 was given to the Princess of Wales, wife of the future George IV of England. In the middle of the XIX century the villa was sold to Baron Ciani and in 1873 was transformed in a luxury hotel. There is a beautiful garden and a grandiose staircase that ends with the sculpture of Hercules and Lyca. The building on the right side of the villa was built in 1856 with the name of “Hotel de la Reine d’Angleterre” ant today is part of the hotel.
Phone: +39 0313481