Varese, Ville Ponti
Villa Ponti was built following a project by the architect Balzaretti. The English garden has a small natural spring lake and lush vegetation including cedars, yews, magnolias, maples and cypresses.
In 1961 the Chamber of Commerce bought Villa Ponti and turned it into a conference centre. The Villa Ponti, also known as “Napoleonica”, was probably built in the 17th century and then converted between 1820 and 1830. The Ponti family bought the property in 1838 to use as a summer residence.